February 8, 2008

The Meaningful Chop






So I happen to have a daughter who doesn't mind having long hair, but also doesn't mind having short hair, either. I know....just lucky:) Anyways, we were planning on getting her hair cut, and thought...hmmm. I wonder if we could go short enough and donate it to a good cause. So we checked it out and there is an organization called "Pantene Beautiful Lengths" that allows you to donate 8 inches (instead of the usual 10 that Locks of Love requires). So we actually ended up with 9 inches cut off, put it in a plastic baggie, and shipped it off with love to someone who will put that hair with others and make a wig for someone who has lost it due to cancer. Amanda felt really good about it, and feels like she has made a difference in someone else's life. It is amazing what little things we can do to make a difference in the world.
We took a picture of her with her hairdresser, Brittany, who also happens to be a good friend of ours.

12 comments:

Julie said...

Super Cute! She is so grown up! Sadie is growing her hair out right now to donate it too. Avery on the other hand just keeps cutting her hair herself!!!
p.s. I want to know where you go to get your blog templates?? I love this one. As well as the one you had before. What has happend to me!!! I am a total junkie!!!

emily salway said...

If you go on my other friend Julie and Randy's, she has a place on the right hand side that says "Matie Kays". Click on that and it has different templates all the time that are really easy to do. Oh, and cute mommy picture:)

GREENLAW said...

hey emily.. i was just going to say how grown up amanda looks! she looks adorable.. i was going to ask you about the templates, too.. i think i'll check it out! thanks!

kirsten

Julie said...

What a great story! Good Job Amanda. I can't imagine losing my hair to cancer, but if I did, I would be so greatful to little girls like you with beautiful hair!
Emily did you get my email with your senior pic attached???

Brandi said...

She looks so beautiful with short hair. It's a perfect cut. Amanda, you are way too cute!

JudyGrandma said...

Way way cute Amanda. I love the new cut! Mostly, I love you and am proud of you for thinking of a way to help someone else. You have a very loving nature. I'm so lucky to be your grandma.

Kendra said...

So cute!I love it!

Cathi said...

Emily, your kids are so cute and BIG! Of course I remember you, we were pregnant at the same time. I even remember your shower at Laura Gormans condo. It's so fun to catch up with old friends by blog-stalking!

Angie Cleveland said...

Cute Hair Amanda! I love it.. I miss having you in my Activity Days class. I sure had a blast with your mom this past weekend! Thanks to my "Popular" friend for a "Wicked" weekend-Angie p.s. i added you to our blog.

Julie said...

I knew it!! I was going to leave a comment just this morning asking "where are you". And that was my guess why!!! I swear I have ESP. CONGRATS!! And sorry about the chinese calendar!

Julie said...

Hey, where are you? I tagged you and nothing on the blog for weeks! Hope everything is ok. Diana Slack found me on your blog. So fun to find people and reconnect!

Anonymous said...

no hair on herpussy yet I hope I love it smooth n young