September 1, 2007

My Baby Turned TWO

Before & After the big two-year-old haircut!




I can't believe my baby just turned 2!! He is so much fun! Whenever we asked him how old he was he would hold up his hand and with five gingers in the air, say "TWO!" I also cannot believe that we have had 4 kids and have never had one of these big red & yellow hideous buggies!! Where have we been?
I was with a friend the other day (she will remain anonymous) and she said that she had only made one of her kids birthday cakes (gasp). (she has 4 kids) I think I have bought maybe 2 or 3 birthday cakes for my kids in their lives, and felt guilty as I was doing it. But this is only because I love to bake and think this is one of my duties of motherhood. (Whereas laundry and the things that get left because I am baking and frosting all day, are not:) Anyways, I tell you this not to poke at a friend who may not have a love of baking cakes, but because I want to let you in on a part of my life that probably most of you know already. I love sweets!! I love to make them and to eat them. Enough said.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bought some of your kids' birthday cakes??? Uhhmm. I don't know where you grew up, but that was not how I was raised. Don't be telling people your flaws like that girl. Anyway. Your kid is flippin cute. He looks just like me. Ha!

Heather said...

I can't believe you bought birthday cakes! HaHa, I didn't know there was any other way. I am not one for baking!

JudyGrandma said...

Ohhhhh so cute...two and the curls are gone. I'm so missing out! Love the cake. You are an amazing mom and your children are absolutely stupendous...I love them all to pieces. Way to be a blooger! I love it.